Brief historic background
Gas and oil are the energy resources, which to a great extent determine a level
of development of any society. These resources create in particular cozy
and comfort living conditions for people and the Public Joint Stock Company
"Engineering & Production Enterprise "VNIPITRANSGAZ" is one of the most
important links in the chain of delivery of this coziness to each home!
The history of the Open Joint Stock Company "Engineering and Production Enterprise "VNIPITRANSGAZ" began in 1944, when the State Committee of Defense of the Former Soviet Union took a decision to establish a Ukrainian division of Moscow's institute "GIPROGAZTOPPROM" for the purpose of designing the main gas pipeline "DASHAVA-KIEV", one of the biggest main gas pipelines in Ukraine at that time, and for the purpose of generation of a basic design to supply the city of Kiev with natural gas.
In 1951 this department became an independent organization and was reorganized into the institute of "UKRGIPROGAZ". In 1957 "UKRGIPROGAZ" became a leading institute in terms of designing gas pipelines and gas refineries under the Central Administrative Board (GLAVGAZ) of the gas industry attached to the Council of Ministers of the USSR. In 1963 "UKRGIPROGAZ" was renamed into the State All-Union Design Institute under the name of "GIPROGAZ". After eight years "GIPROGAZ" was reformed into the All-Union Research and Design Institute on Transmission of Natural Gas "VNIPITRANSGAZ" in 1971.
"VNIPITRANSGAZ" was many times honored with governmental awards for outstanding achievements in the field of designing petroleum and gas facilities as well as for an important and valuable contribution to the technical development and progress of the petroleum and gas industry. Even today the Order of the Red Banner of Labor presented to "GIPROGAZ" in 1971 is a specific surge of pride of the employees. Quite a new stage of development of the history of "VNIPITRANSGAZ" began in 1994 when a general meeting of the employees of the institute made a decision to convert it into a joint stock company "Engineering & Production Firm "VNIPITRANSGAZ-VTG" under the State Oil and Gas Committee of Ukraine.
In 1995 a general meeting of the stockholders renamed our company into - The OPEN JOINT STOCK COMPANY "ENGINEERING & PRODUCTION ENTERPRISE "VNIPITRANSGAZ", and in 2010 due to changes in legislation into PUBLIC JOINT STOCK COMPANY "ENGINEERING & PRODUCTION ENTERPRISE "VNIPITRANSGAZ".
During November 23-24, 2017 the LEAR of JSC "EPE "VNIPITRANSGAZ" on the GASVESSEL Project Mr Boris Shvets took a participation in the Face to Face Meeting on the development of the WP2 Work Package.more ...